Sunday, May 18, 2014

Blessing through Heartbreak

I have amazing friends,
It absolutely goes without saying.
They are absolutely phenominal.

This is about two friends.
Two friends who are breaking my heart.
Two friends who are fighting the fight of their lives.

Elizabeth and Jaclyn.
Elizabeth with her two youngest boys and her friend Ann Voskamp
Elizabeth is dying.
Jaclyn's son is dying.
Smiling through tears
Adam and Jaclyn
They both have a goal to see us fully funded before either one passes away.
I am flattered.
I am so blessed.
I am devastated.
I am fearful.
I am broken.

Elizabeth is having to say goodbye to her children,
and she has young children who will not understand fully.

Jaclyn is preparing for her son to die.
Her son that came home from Gage's orphanage less than a year ago.

And they want to help us.

I'm terrified.
I don't want to let them down,
and yet I have zero motivation to focus on the last $4,000ish that we need to raise.
Death is among us.
I'm hiding.
I don't want to say goodbye.
I don't want to get that news.
I want to hide.

I have 117 unread facebook messages.
I just don't have the energy.
Adam is dying because of what that orphanage did to him.
Elizabeth is dying and I can't think of a more deserving person to live.

And so I'm sorry if I have disappeared.
And I'm sorry that I'm not shouting for myself.
But God will provide in His timing,
and I'm more absorbed in losing two amazing people.

But THEY have goals to see me funded,
and I feel bad letting them down because i can't cope with what they are having to live right now,
and that is so wrong of me.


So here it is,
Our FSP.
Give if He says give,
Don't if he doesn't.
But please pray for my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment