Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wordy Wednesday


Some Wednesdays just can't be wordless.
Hers is.
Her life is.
She died.
She was suppose to turn four next month.
She had over $15,000 available toward her adoption,
Money wasn't the obstacle.

We were the obstacle.
God says go and too often we are quick to say no.
We have hopes and dreams and plans of our owns,
And I know all too well what it's like for His plan to "get in the way" of MY plans.
We lost a little girl that we loved with all our heart,
We lost her to another adoptive family.
And then when we began to heal and form a new plan,
It consisted of adoption,
We want kids in this age range,
With this disability,
In this country.......

Yeah well God laughed in my face.
His plan will always be far superior.
When He very clearly said GO,
I was very reluctantly obedient.
It left me speechless and wondering why.
This child was not the age range we planned for,
Not in the country we planned to adopt from,
Nor the disability we had spent years familiarizing ourselves with.

Why us God?
Why not them?

OBEDIENCE.

I was there.
I knew this child's story.
I knew the wait that had been endurred.
I was the one literally crying over this child
I was obedient.

His plan is and always will be far greater than any plan that I could have ever dreamed up,
And we would have missed out on something spectacular had we not listened.
We wouldn't ever know the peace in how perfect that child belongs here.

I'm only human,
If I were going to do it again,
My preferences would be the same,
My choice in special needs to concider,
The age range we'd prefer,
The countries we're open too,
It would still be that closed minded person with my own selfish desires.

But where He leads,
We will most definitely follow.
And you should too,
Because if you don't,
You will miss out of something, someone, spectacular.

That little girl above, she was no doubt, super spectacular,
And no doubt, someone saw her and said no.
I cannot believe that she, or anyone else were created and meant for their story to end as an orphan with noone to call their own.
She was looked over.
And she died because of it.

#BeObedient


No comments:

Post a Comment