Wednesday, November 5, 2014

GOTCHA Day musings

I wanted lots of pictures,
Until I got there....

Then I just wanted to grab her and run. There was no emotion from the orphanage staff,
No heartfelt goodbyes.
They said ciao ciao and we walked out.

There is something gut wrenching about your child being there for 9 years and no one caring at all that she was leaving.

The car ride was incredibly traumatic, not the ride itself but all the highway noise. It was a LONGGG drive back to the hotel. 

As I watched her bite herself, silent cry, and stim uncontrollably, I reflected on the song One Less by Matthew West and how yes, there most definitely is one less orphan today, there is NOT one less broken heart in the world tonight.

My daughter's heart is very much broken. I took her from the only life she has ever known, I've taken her away from her all tiny things that she knew as familiar and comforting.

There is most definitely beauty in today,
But there is a whole lot if brokenness as well. 

Please pray for our sweet girl's tender heart as we take on these next days and new adventures. 

She is asleep next to me and just the most precious gift we could have ever been blessed with, but she needs prayers for peace and comfort, and I need prayers that she'll eat and drink better tomorrow than she did today!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. praying. It won't be long before she decides that things are definitely much better and feels safe. Just take it slow and easy.

      Delete
  2. How are things going ? Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its going to be okay my frend any sounds colors foods you can simulre to give her comfort of familiat? Music? Fotgive me i know very little but offer humble help out of love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things are better warrior mommy

    ReplyDelete