Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The SIX we left behind.

We left behind a lot of faces, ones that are hard to get out of my mind.
Many that I know nothing about,
But SIX that I can do something about.
SIX KIDS
AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION

I met 5 of the 6.

"Brandon"
Brandon
This tiny little man is 10 years old. He is thinner than our Millie but probably taller than her.
He is very long and stick thin.
His legs are very stiff,
But he was quick to smile and make eye contact when I rubbed his arm.
I tried to give him a toy but he couldn't hold it.
He has a baba that likes to take him outside for long walks!

"Marsha"
Marsha
Oh this sweet little love.
I met her at Millie's Birthday Party.
She was very frightened by all the comotion in her room.
Because unlike the rest of the groupa,
She has not been that since a baby,
She only recently was left at the orphanage,
and after three years in a family, it's a pretty scary place to be.
She's so soft and delicate,
Quiet and curious.
Shy and Timid.
She is beautiful,
She needs a family to help her blossom.
She is in a groupa with healthy toddlers, and a couple older children with disabilities.

"Owen"
Owen Mar 2014
Oh how I love him.
He has Von Willebrands Disease.
So do I.
It's a blood disorder and absolutely no reason to be stuck in an orphanage.
He's listed as having epilepsy, so was "Gage" but Gage is not epileptic and they had brain scans to prove it....Gage was diagnosed for the sole reason that his BMom has Epilepsy.
I spent 5 days with Owen,
He is not aggressive like one agency has rumored.
He has not been transferred like that same agency has rumored.
And he is quite favored in his orphanage,
He is always out and about and receiving lots of attention.
He does not appear hyper active to me at all
He appears hyper,
Like any 5 year old boy would be...
He just doesn't have the freedom to run all that energy off while in an orphanage setting.
If I could go back for him, I would.
A family is going to be amazingly blessed to have them in their lives.
He has a baba that is very active in his life and loves to tease him and genuinely interact with him on his spunky little boy level.

"Tiya"
Tiya
I only spent time with her briefly,
I don't have a whole lot of information to give
Other than that she needs out badly.
Notice the side lying position she is in?
This is the position that she is always in,
Even in a stroller.
She was left lay that way for so long that her body is contracted in a way that keeps her sidelying on her left side.
I saw her little contorted body in a strolled,
There was no comfortable way to all her to be on her back.
She needs out,
She needs Physical Therapy badly.
She is worth the leap,
Contracted children from her orphanage are making amazing progress once home!

"Alaric"
Alaric
This little guy has stolen my heart.
If I could add him to our adoption,
I would have!
He's an absolute doll.
I did not meet him personally but my gosh,
LOOK AT THAT CUTENESS!!!
He needs out!!!

"Mikah"
Mikah_2014
Sweet sweet Mikah.
I HATE that people continue to look over him.
Is it his age?
Because at 13, he is the size of a 3 year old.
He's mentally a toddler in many many ways as well.
He's full of life and laughter.
He has a horrible video that does not portray him accurately at all.
I spent time with him in June 2013 and June 2014,
And neither time has he been anything like his video that is available of him.
He stims, yes.
But not like in the video.
In that video he was stuck in an unfamiliar room,
With unfamiliar people,
With a camera pointed at him,
And expected to "perform"
It was overwhelming and scary.
It is not him.
He's full of joy,
and he needs out!


SIX KIDS.
All WORTHY.
All with a serious need.
A need to be loved, cherished, and adored.
Can you provide that for one of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment